If you leave your job before you are eligible for retirement you have several options available to you.
- Deferred Retirement – leave your contributions on deposit until you meet the criteria for retirement at some point in the future.
- Deferred Retirement with Reciprocity – leave your contributions on deposit and establish reciprocity with an eligible public employer.
- Rollover – transfer your tax-deferred contributions directly into an IRA or other eligible retirement plans.
- Lump Sum Refund – take payment for all of your contributions, less 20% Federal withholding and State withholding taxes. Contact your tax accountant or financial advisor. FCERA staff is not qualified to provide tax advice.
- Rollover and Lump Sum Refund – transfer your tax-deferred contributions directly into an IRA or other eligible retirement plan and a lump sum refund of any already taxed contributions.