Who is a Deferred Member?
A deferred member:
- Is someone who no longer is actively employed with one of our Plan Sponsors
- Has left their contributions on deposit with FCERA
- Has not yet begun receiving retirement benefit payments
When do I become a Deferred Member?
You become a deferred member as soon as you terminate employment with a Plan Sponsor, provided that you leave your contributions on deposit with us. You will stop being a deferred member when you a) remove your contributions through refund or rollover or b) begin receiving benefit payments as a retiree.
What should I know about being a Deferred Member?
- We ask that you keep us up to date with any name, address, or beneficiary changes. We will continue to send you important plan documents and newsletters.
- Please use the Name and Address Change form or Beneficiary Designation form to submit any changes.
- You can still take advantage of the Member Portal to run benefit estimate calculations.
- We will not begin your benefit payment until you complete an application to retire.